Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Climb


You defeated me
But you won't defeat me again
Because you have grown all you can grow....
but I am still growing (about Mount Everest)

-Sir Edmund Hillary

I had a really wrotten day yesterday. Even so, it turned out great. I feel so blessed with so many people in my life that take the time to help, even when I may not always know how to ask for it.

Sir Edmund Hillary is my namesake. For so long, I haven't been able to get out of this rut I have been in. I have been relflecting on this man quite a lot lately. I need to live up to my name. I need to conquer my own little Everests.

Some Everests I have
(by the skin of my teeth) conquered:

  • get up early.


  • make breakfast, from scratch, to send my family off on a good note for the day.
  • Listen to uplifting music to start my day out right.(After this one is checked off, on go the Killers!)

    Some Everests I am currently attempting to conquer:

    • Make more time daily for spirituality. (read scriptures, pray more sincerely, serve someone)


    • Hug my kids more, hug my husband more.


    • Be a little more gentle with my husband, my children, my "neighbors", and myself.


    • Put away my clothes. (hey- not all of my goals are so deep, but they are all just as important!)
    • Learn to play the cello.


    • Get to that point in running where it is enjoyable. (Is there such a point?)



    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.

    -Sir Edmund Hillary



    Well, better start my climb. Have a great day and do some climbing of your own!

    No comments: