Monday, November 19, 2007

Hooley

I had no idea that when I had my last kid she would be so... um... unique. She can look up at you with this sweet little face and ask you repeatedly "I watch Dora now?... I watch Dora now?... I watch Dora now?... until you wish you could reach into that tv screen and rip Dora's head right off her body! (Sometimes Chinese water torture seems like a vacation.)

She only likes her "sippy tup with milt," answers "no-way-jose!" to everything, and twists her nipple as she sucks her two middle fingers for comfort. I get her ready for the day, comb and style her hair, only for her to turn around and look homeless five minutes later.

She LOVES to help with the cat food, a chore taken very seriously for her. She is kicked out of nursery every week on account of the unrelenting cry that never subsides during the initial 10 minute probation period. "Maybe next week," the nursery leader promises me... empty promise.

However, nobody gives a better and more heartfelt hug than this one. She always blesses me when I sneeze. She curls up and fits just perfectly next to me during the night, even though her wispy hair tickles my nose. Her little arms wrap tightly around my neck, making my heart feel so full. Challenging? -YES! Worth it? -Emphatic YES!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can vouch for her extreme cuteness. I can't wait to see you guys!